Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Whole Wheat Pizza Crust (ONE rise time)

Mix:
1 pkg (2 1/4 tsp) dry yeast
1 1/2 c warm water

Mix:
2 T oil (I use olive oil)
1 1/4 c wheat flour
2 T sugar
1/2 tsp salt

-add yeast water to flour mixture

-add up to 2 c more flour (can use WW or white) and knead 6-8min
-let rise 15-20min

How I use it:
-after rise time I form crust on pizza pan and bake @ 350ยบ until dough dries out (about 8min)
-add toppings and bake until cheese is browned

Into the dough I add oregano & garlic sometimes

Topping ideas:
BBQ chicken; I cook chicken in BBQ sauce and shred then spread on pizza crust, add cheese

Thai chicken; use some thai peanut sauce as the sauce for the crust and add chicken chunks, onion and cheese

Spinich (like Sbarro); saute garlic in olive oil and add frozen spinich (thawed and squeezed out,) heat through and put on pizza crust, add mozzerella cheese.  At Sbarro they do not put sauce on it, but serve it on the side

Once I even cooked Asian noodles and spread teriyaki sauce on the crust, added the noodles, then broccoli and cheese

No comments: